Life as I know it...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Insensitive? I don't think so....

So, I post on what I call a "Mommy Message Board". In my signature that is included at the bottom of my posts are SEVERAL blinkies. You know what blinkies are, right? They are these little, flashing signs with words. Almost all of the blinkies on my signature have to do with breastfeeding. (In case you didn't know, I am a Extended Nursing Mama! Over 15 months and going strong!!) Here are some examples of my blinkies:





I got a message from another poster on the board who does not breastfeed her child telling me that my blinkies are offensive to her and that I am "condescending" to those who tried to breastfeed and "couldn't". Offensive? I am by no means trying to offend anyone. I am simply expressing not only that I feel that my choice to breastfeed my child is the the right thing, the best thing, I could do for her, but also to celebrate the struggle I have gone through to breastfeed my child. It has been a long, hard road filled with plugged ducts, mastitis, heavy pumps and teeth marks.

The other poster and I have agreed to disagree about whether my blinkies are offensive and she has gotten herself some formula feeding and stay at home mom blinkies. To each his own, I always say. Am I offended by her blinkies? Heck no! What am offended by is her insinuation that breastfeeding must be easy for me or I wouldn't still be doing it.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't post this blinkie, huh?


~Ash



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home